Turkey is a paradise of sun, sea, mountains and lakes that offers a complete change from the stress and routine of your everyday life.
From April to October, most places in Turkey have an ideal climate that is perfect for relaxing on sandy beaches or enjoying the tranquillity of mountains and lakes.
Turkey also has a magnificent past, and is a land full of historic treasures from 13 successive civilizations spanning over 10,000 years.
Turkey is also a modern country, with good communications, transport and an expanding stable economy, but still with a low cost of living and a very low crime rate.
Turkey is also one of the few countries in the world that is totally self-sufficient in food production.
Add in the investment in Turkish airports, roads, golf courses, marinas and the possibility of joining the EEC and you can understand, why people from all over the world are investing in property in Turkey and Turkish real estate. Year after year turkish property prices have been rising but prices for buying property in Turkey are still considerably lower than buying real estate and property for sale in other major tourist areas such as Spain and France making property investment in Turkey an ideal overseas property investment.
Lots of people want to come back again and again as they discover one extraordinary place after another. The resorts where Alanya properties (estate agent) have property for sale in Turkey include, Alanya, Antalya, Gazipasa, Belek, Side, Kemer, Kas, and Marmaris. No matter how different these areas, they have one thing in common: the friendly and hospitable people of this unique country called Turkey.
British buyers have been buying property along Turkey’s southern coastline in their droves over the last few years. These savvy purchasers have discovered that if you’re looking for a holiday home, buy to let property or a retirement home in the sun Turkey is an unbeatable property hot spot. Britons are currently top of the league with property purchases in Turkey.
- With a population of 70 million, of which 70% are younger than 35 years old, which shows a strong and growing local market.
- Boasting over 25 million tourists annually, the new mortgage legislation will undoubtedly create new buy-to-let opportunities to meet the growing demand for accommodation from tourists.
- According to Holiday Rentals Turkey is in 5th place with 27.9 per cent of the total number of rental properties owned overseas by Brits.
- Property price increases along the Turkish Riviera have been driven by a growing demand for holiday homes and apartments and individual investment properties.
Reasons to buy in Turkey.
Here are some more reasons why Turkey is an increasingly attractive to property buyers:
- No capital gains tax
Turkey offers some tax incentives that are of high interest to property investors, if you sell your property after four years, there is no capital gains tax.
- Excellent value front line properties with high capital growth potential
The Turkish market still offers excellent quality properties at prices that most other locations of a similar calibre could not offer 10 years ago.
- Over 25 million tourists visit Turkey each year and boost the property market
Turkey ranked eighth in the world current demand for Turkey is reflected in the 25 million tourists it attracts per annum ranking it 9th in terms of the total tourist numbers. This translates into solid rental yields by buy-to-let investors who purchase in the best tourist locations.
- Turkey offers a modern infrastructure
Turkey has a solid and modern infrastructure that is rapidly growing in line with its economy, tourism and property markets.
- EU Membership
Although EU membership will undoubtedly support Turkey’s economy and, as one aspect of this, its property market, property agents remain confident that the health of Turkey’s property market is not dependent upon EU membership in the same way it clearly was for countries such as Estonia and Czech Republic.